LIONS CHARITY FOUNDATION OF SOUTHEASTERN VIRGINIA
For over forty years the Lions Charity Foundation of Southeastern Virginia, Inc. has been proudly serving the southeastern region of the Commonwealth. The Foundation’s primary focus is to assist Lions Clubs, other related organizations, and individuals or groups sponsored by Lions Clubs within District 24-I with needs which are beyond their financial capabilities. In the past seven years, charitable products and services valued over three quarters of a million dollars has been returned to the communities of southeastern Virginia.
Below are Grants Issued by the Lions Charity Foundation of Southeastern Virginia, Inc over the past 35 years…
• $10,000 to the Eyeglass Recycling Center of Eastern Virginia for Lensometers
• $407,000 Lions Center for Sight at Norfolk General Hospital for construction
• $300,000 to Old Dominion University Study Center
• $75,000 towards Mobile Sight & Hearing Unit Purchase
• $30,000 to the Lions Sight Center for Field Analyzer
• $12,000 to Williamsburg Community Hospital
• $15,000 annually for Hearing Aids
• $10,000 annually for Local Area Medical Projects
• $10,000 annually for Cataract Operations
• $5,500 to Special Services Library of Virginia Beach
• $75,000 for Lions Mobile Sight & Hearing Unit Replacement Fund
• $40,000 Eastern Shore Barrier Island Pre-School Enrichment Program: My First Field Trip
• $5,000 for Norfolk Homeless Connect
• $7,500 Audible Equipment to Support Visually Impaired through Access Virginia
• $4,000 Children’s Eye Screening Equip. (SPOT) for Cape Charles
Lions Purchase Vision Equipment for Olde Town Medical and Dental Center Eye Clinic
The Lions Charity Foundation of Southeast Virginia and the James City Lions Club recently purchased equipment for evaluating visual acuity and eye pressure at Olde Towne Medical and Dental Center. James City Lions Club operates an Eye Clinic within the Center. Last...
Papa John’s Dollars for Dough 4.0 Fundrai$er
Papa John's Pizza is supporting the Lions Charity Foundation of Southeastern Virginia with Dollars for Dough 4.0 Fundrai$er. Order your Pizza from Papa Johns on-line at www.papajohns.com and USE PROMO CODE: LIONS24LCF. Papa Johns will give back 10% of each sale to...
Bid ‘n Buy Date and Location for 2019
The 10th anniversary of the Lions Charity Foundation Bid ‘n Buy Auction is scheduled for Saturday, October 19, 2019 at the Bethany United Methodist Church, 1509 Todds Lane, Hampton, Virginia. We are actively collecting auction items and anticipate another year of...
Lions Charity Foundation Undergoes Name Change
The Lions Lions Charity Foundation of District 24D, Inc recently changed it’s name to The Lions Charity Foundation of Southeastern Virginia, Inc. This name change came about when Virginia Lions District 24B and 24D combined to make Virginia Lions District 24I. This...
Bid ‘n Buy Auction influenced by Hurricane Michael
The day began with clear blue skies, but with thousands of Hampton Roads residents without electricity. Hurricane Michael, downgraded to a tropical storm, caused more power outages than expected when it swept through Hampton Roads two nights earlier. The lingering...
Bid ‘n Buy Auction Date Announced for 2018
The bid ‘n buy auction committee announces the 9th Annual bid ‘n buy auction for 2018 will be at the Hampton Baptist Church on Saturday, October 13, 2018. Mark your calendar and save the date. We are actively collecting auction items and anticipate another year of...
Another Successful Auction
You Did It Again! Another successful auction – this time at a NEW location in Hampton, Virginia. Bidders responded with energy and enthusiasm to help raise funds for the Lions Charity Foundation. If you missed this year’s auction you missed a doozy. A huge array of...
Auction Moves to Hampton
The 2017 Bid ‘n Buy Charity Auction moves to Hampton on the Virginia Peninsula. This year’s auction will be at the Hampton Baptist Church, 40 Kings Way, Hampton, Virginia, November 4, 2017. We are excited to have the Hampton Baptist Church join us for our signature...