LIONS CHARITY FOUNDATION OF SOUTHEASTERN VIRGINIA
For over thirty-five years the Lions Charity Foundation of Southeastern Virginia, Inc. has been proudly serving the southeastern region of the Commonwealth. The Foundation’s primary focus is to assist Lions Clubs, other related organizations, and individuals or groups sponsored by Lions Clubs within District 24-I with needs which are beyond their financial capabilities. In the past seven years, charitable products and services valued over three quarters of a million dollars has been returned to the communities of southeastern Virginia.
Below are Grants Issued by the Lions Charity Foundation of Southeastern Virginia, Inc over the past 35 years…
• $10,000 to the Eyeglass Recycling Center of Eastern Virginia for Lensometers
• $407,000 Lions Center for Sight at Norfolk General Hospital for construction
• $300,000 to Old Dominion University Study Center
• $75,000 towards Mobile Sight & Hearing Unit Purchase
• $30,000 to the Lions Sight Center for Field Analyzer
• $12,000 to Williamsburg Community Hospital
• $15,000 annually for Hearing Aids
• $10,000 annually for Local Area Medical Projects
• $10,000 annually for Cataract Operations
• $5,500 to Special Services Library of Virginia Beach
• $75,000 for Lions Mobile Sight & Hearing Unit Replacement Fund
• $40,000 Eastern Shore Barrier Island Pre-School Enrichment Program: My First Field Trip
• $5,000 for Norfolk Homeless Connect
• $7,500 Audible Equipment to Support Visually Impaired through Access Virginia
• $4,000 Children’s Eye Screening Equip. (SPOT) for Cape Charles
The Lions Lions Charity Foundation of District 24D, Inc recently changed it’s name to The Lions Charity Foundation of Southeastern Virginia, Inc. This name change came about when Virginia Lions District 24B and 24D combined to make Virginia Lions District 24I. This...
The day began with clear blue skies, but with thousands of Hampton Roads residents without electricity. Hurricane Michael, downgraded to a tropical storm, caused more power outages than expected when it swept through Hampton Roads two nights earlier. The lingering...
The bid ‘n buy auction committee announces the 9th Annual bid ‘n buy auction for 2018 will be at the Hampton Baptist Church on Saturday, October 13, 2018. Mark your calendar and save the date. We are actively collecting auction items and anticipate another year of...
You Did It Again! Another successful auction – this time at a NEW location in Hampton, Virginia. Bidders responded with energy and enthusiasm to help raise funds for the Lions Charity Foundation. If you missed this year’s auction you missed a doozy. A huge array of...
The 2017 Bid ‘n Buy Charity Auction moves to Hampton on the Virginia Peninsula. This year’s auction will be at the Hampton Baptist Church, 40 Kings Way, Hampton, Virginia, November 4, 2017. We are excited to have the Hampton Baptist Church join us for our signature...
This year’s Bid ‘N Buy Auction was a smashing success despite the torrential rains caused by Hurricane Matthew. Lion Stan Furman, President of the Lions Charity Foundation of District 24D commented; “The depths of dedication to our Charity Foundation displayed by our...
The seventh annual bid ‘n buy auction is scheduled for October 8, 2016 at the Oak Grove United Methodist Church in Chesapeake. For details on the auction please click here. http://lcf24d.org/auctions
The Lions Charity Foundation of District 24D is counting on your support to make our 7th Annual Bid ‘N Buy Auction a roaring success. You should Dash as fast as a gazelle to the Oak Grove United Methodist Church 472 N. Battlefield Blvd., Chesapeake on Saturday,...