LIONS CHARITY FOUNDATION OF SOUTHEASTERN VIRGINIA
For over forty years the Lions Charity Foundation of Southeastern Virginia, Inc. has been proudly serving the southeastern region of the Commonwealth. The Foundation’s primary focus is to assist Lions Clubs, other related organizations, and individuals or groups sponsored by Lions Clubs within District 24-I with needs which are beyond their financial capabilities. In the past seven years, charitable products and services valued over three quarters of a million dollars has been returned to the communities of southeastern Virginia.
Below are Grants Issued by the Lions Charity Foundation of Southeastern Virginia, Inc over the past 35 years…
• $10,000 to the Eyeglass Recycling Center of Eastern Virginia for Lensometers
• $407,000 Lions Center for Sight at Norfolk General Hospital for construction
• $300,000 to Old Dominion University Study Center
• $75,000 towards Mobile Sight & Hearing Unit Purchase
• $30,000 to the Lions Sight Center for Field Analyzer
• $12,000 to Williamsburg Community Hospital
• $15,000 annually for Hearing Aids
• $10,000 annually for Local Area Medical Projects
• $10,000 annually for Cataract Operations
• $5,500 to Special Services Library of Virginia Beach
• $75,000 for Lions Mobile Sight & Hearing Unit Replacement Fund
• $40,000 Eastern Shore Barrier Island Pre-School Enrichment Program: My First Field Trip
• $5,000 for Norfolk Homeless Connect
• $7,500 Audible Equipment to Support Visually Impaired through Access Virginia
• $4,000 Children’s Eye Screening Equip. (SPOT) for Cape Charles
Bid ‘n Buy Charity Auction RAFFLE WINNERS ANNOUNCED
LCF RAFFLE WINNERS. The 11th Annual Bid n' Buy Charity Auction and Yard Sale for 2020 was cancelled, but as noted we did conduct the Charity Raffle drawing on Saturday, October 10th at the Bethany United Methodist Church. Winners of the Raffle are listed here. 1. $599...
CANCELLED – Bid ‘n Buy Charity Auction for 2020 – CANCELLED
The 11th Annual Bid n' Buy Charity Auction and Yard Sale for 2020 is cancelled. Due to COVID - 19 we elected to cancel the event in consideration for the safety of all concerned. We are however, conducting the Raffle which traditionally has been integrated as part of...
Lions Return to Bethany UMC for the Bid ‘n Buy Charity Auction – Immediately Preceded this year by an Exciting Outdoor Yard Sale
On Saturday October 10, 2020 the Lions Charity Foundation of Southeastern Virginia returns to Bethany UMC for the 11th Annual Bid n' Buy Charity Auction. We are excited about having another auction at Bethany. Last years auction was a tremendous success. This years...
Auction Items – Bidders – Boy Scout Troop 915
Auction items were plentiful, including Grills, a 65" TV, Handmade Quilts, Bicycles and China as bidders eagerly placed bids on over 340 items. Boy Scout Troop 915 helped park cars and provided lunch to auction attendees. Officers of the Suffolk Rod and Muscle Cars...
Locals win $1750 in Charity Raffle
Three lucky individuals won 1st, 2nd and 3rd place respectively during the Bid 'n Buy Charity Auction in Hampton last Saturday. 1st Place winner for $1,000 was Lisa Devon of Williamsburg. 2nd Place winner for $500 went to Ed Roberts of Suffolk and 3rd Place winner for...
2019 Bid ‘n Buy Auction Equals the Best!
100's of bidders went shoulder to shoulder to experience the fun of bidding for deals galore and the excitement of auctions for charity. They could hardly control their emotions during the silent auction from 11am-1pm and live auction on 15 special items that...
2019 Bid ‘n Buy Auction Program Guide Hits the Street
Several hundred items that are going up for bid at this years auction are already here and you can view the list of items now by clicking on the program cover at right. More items are arriving every day so on Saturday, October 19th you don't want to miss all of the...
Lions assist Angels of Mercy Clinic
Angels of Mercy Clinic, Inc. recently received $2,000 for pre-diabetes screening. The James City Lions Club joined with the Lions Charity Foundation of Southeastern Virginia to make this contribution. Individuals found to have pre-diabetes receive information about...