The day began with clear blue skies, but with thousands of Hampton Roads residents without electricity. Hurricane Michael, downgraded to a tropical storm, caused more power outages than expected when it swept through Hampton Roads two nights earlier. The lingering power outages had a negative impact on auction attendance which was significantly lower than previous years. In spite of this, we had a very successful day with auction items selling at reasonable prices. Bidder’s were getting valuable deals as the Lions Charity Foundation was receiving the dollars needed to support our charitable programs and in particular this year Child Diabetes. The Hampton Baptist Youth catered the event with delicious food, soft drinks and dessert to fundraise for their youth projects. Our heartfelt thanks to the auction participants and the many volunteers who left their homes without electricity to support the foundations main fundraiser.
- Virtual REACH PROGRAM “FREE” to participants
- Round Up your WHOLE FAMILY for the LIONS DIABETES FAMILY CAMP at the TRIPLE R RANCH in Chesapeake, VA, May 21 – May 23
- Bid ‘n Buy Charity Auction RAFFLE WINNERS ANNOUNCED
- CANCELLED – Bid ‘n Buy Charity Auction for 2020 – CANCELLED
- Lions Return to Bethany UMC for the Bid ‘n Buy Charity Auction – Immediately Preceded this year by an Exciting Outdoor Yard Sale